Aim: To prevent rusting temporarily by covering 2 bolts with cloth tape and scotch tape.
Materials: Cloth tape, scotch tape, 2 bolts
- Arrange items necessary for the experiment (cloth tape, scotch tape, 2 bolts).
- Cover the first bolt with cloth tape so that no gaps are visible.
- Cover the second bolt with scotch tape so that no gaps are visible.
- Come back a day later and unravel the tape off each bolt.
- Observe what happened and the differences between the two bolts.
Hypothesis: I predict that both bolts will rust slowly due to the little oxygen particles inside both tapes.